A new Logo
In 2014, on our 25th Anniversary, we commissioned an update of our logo from a professional designer. Here it is. The old clip art and a bit of Arial had served us well, but it was time for change. You can download a vector version of the new logo here .
A few Salix facts
- do have a read of this page about the Tree, it's really interesting
- Salix is LATIN.
- How do we pronounce it? Well, read this if you care . Classically its probably SAL-icks but modern, ecclesiastically, it is SAY-licks. Basically it depends how pretentious you feel.
- It was given its name in the 1700's by the great botanist, (Linnaeus)
- Sallow comes from the same root as Salix meaning yellowish and looking unhealthy: a sallow complexion/face (eg as when our Captain looks at this years stats)
- Salix alba 'Caerulea' (the cricket-bat willow) is a cross between the white willow and the crack willow
- We have a long and illustrious history of terrible and mistranslated mottos starting with our 2001 effort Vescere bracis meis "eat my shorts" and culminating in this years effort which means something vile in South American Spanish
Our old logo, for reference